Friday, May 22, 2009

foodnomnoms on restaurant city


The idea of my blog actually came from a little Facebook game called Restaurant City. Heard of it? It's taking the Facebook world by storm. You should play. You start with a tiny little restaurant with 3 chairs and 2 workers (1 chef, 1 waiter). The objective of the game is to level up your restaurant so you can get a bigger store, more workers, and more monies in the bank. You collect and trade ingredients to make and level up your dishes in your menu. You serve 1 appetizer, main entree, and dessert dish. By levelling up your dishes, you gain more points from your customers. Sweet. If you look at the top right-hand corner of the picture, you can see that my restaurant has achieved the highest 50.0 popularity points. Because I am awesome.

Anyway, I started out the game by naming my restaurant Meateating Cow. I am a cow, and I thought it'd be funny to have a cannibalistic cow. Steak... After a while, I tired of the Meateating Cow name. Especially when I kept thinking I should be serving dishes with steak but I didn't have the ingredients for them. Meateating (I keep accidentally typing Meating) Cow was changed to Foodnomnoms. Because food should be nomm-ed. And the little characters totally look like they are nom-ing the food when they eat. And because I had recently seen this video. Such a catchy little tune.

And this is how this food blog came to be named FoodNOMNOMs.


Nomnomnoming-ly,
Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment